Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
Quality, Risk & Innovation
- No day the same
- Be part of emergency preparedness leadership
- Local, regional and national collaboration
About the Role:
In this part time (0.4 FTE) permanent role you will be responsible for coordinating and administering Emergency Preparedness Plans to help ensure that the Wairarapa DHB is able to respond and recover from major incidents and disasters.
Reporting to the Health, Safety and Preparedness Manager you will work closely alongside the entire organisation to assist in planning and preparing for emergencies. You will liaise with local, regional and national agencies to ensure that the Wairarapa DHB is up to date and delivering best practice Emergency Preparedness.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with service managers to coordinate service continuity planning
- Preparing emergency plans and reports
- Delivery emergency preparedness training and education
- Liaising with outside emergency agencies
- Maintaining emergency management equipment
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in emergency management
- Proven ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated experience in delivering training and education
- 10+ years experience in the workforce
- Proven ability to work calmly in a high pressured environment
Emergency Preparedness is part of the Quality team at Wairarapa DHB and facilitates and supports quality improvement to maximise patient and staff safety. Our team are hard-working, supportive and passionate about what we do and you will be expected to be the same. You will be encouraged and challenged to deliver high quality work and be rewarded by being supported by an amazing team and the knowledge that you are contributing and making a difference to patient outcomes and staff safety at Wairarapa Hospital.
This is a permanent part time position for 32 hours per fortnight, with actual hours and days of work to be agreed.
If you believe that you have the skills, enthusiasm and ambition to be part of our team, we would love to hear from you.
If you have any questions or would just like to find out some more information, please contact Dianne Mazey by emailing email@example.com