Community Coordinators - Disability Support (FOCUS)
FOCUS provides assessment and access to support services, funded through Wairarapa District Health Board (DHB) and Ministry of Health (MoH) for people with long term disability and health needs in the Wairarapa DHB region.
In the role of Community Coordinator - Disability Support you will be working in the community alongside disabled people who are predominantly under the age of 65, and their family/whanau, to complete Needs Assessments and Service Coordination (NASC) functions with a view to support the person to maximise their independence and participation in everyday activities.
We have two permanent part time positions available, both working 48 hours per fortnight, Monday to Friday.
We would welcome interest from people who have:
- A passion for working with people in a community context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer and keyboard skills in Microsoft office up to immediate level.
- A current full NZ driver's license.
We would be keen to hear from you if you have either:
- Knowledge and experience of working in the disability sector and have attained at least a level 3 National Certificate in Health, Disability and Aged Support or equivalent.
- Clinical experience/qualification in a relevant field.
If you are interested in being part of our dynamic team please see the job description.For more information please contact Myree Ahpene, FOCUS Manager on (06) 946-9800 ext 4086.